Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cruise Day Two, Tuesday June 17

Monday night we set the alarm clock to go off at sunrise. Alarm goes off, I hit it, roll over, tell Chris, and proceeded to go back to sleep. Chris thens decides to get up and leave me to my snooze. He took these two pictures of the sunrise.
Tuesday's Port of Call: CocoCay, Bahamas. About 7 I get up and dress in my workout outfit. It's been a long time since I actually owned a workout outfit. Chris and I get a Caramel Latte from Seattle's Best Coffee Shop on the ship and go to the upper deck to see the sights.

Looks like a pretty day. We go to the fitness center and we do a weird looking exercise bicycle. You know the ones that look like you are totally relaxing because the pedals are in front of your body, not below your body. After 10 minutes, I step on a treadmill that won't come on. So I find an elliptical. Took about 5 minutes to figure out the computer part and then worked out for 10 minutes and worked up a sweat. Chris did an elliptical also after doing some weight machines. We went back to the weight machines and do a couple of rounds on several machines. Not bad for our first time ever in a gym.

After shower and donning our swimsuits (with coverup for me) we head for breakfast at the WindJammer Cafe. Plans were to go straight to the island right after breakfast. About the time we are finished eating, the captain makes the announcement. The current slow rain that started about 30 minutes ago is turning into a major squall. So we are leaving to get around the squall and head on to Nassau. So we are having our day at sea, two days early.



This day went to the birds.

While waiting for the new revised activity schedule to be printed, I go cloud-bathing. Chris walks around the ship. I send him to the Library for a book for me. Looks like I will have time to do a little bit of reading.

Major big cloud, raining on the ocean, with a big hole in the middle of the cloud. Weird. The boat gets away from the rain.

No comments: